Please note, people/households wanting to adopt from All Westie Rescue
- Be at least over 25 years of age
- Have children over the age of 5 years old (terriers are bred to be quickly reactive & are likely to quickly react/be less tolerant towards things they don't like)
- Not be full-time workers (a lot of our dogs come from people who are full-time workers & the dogs have learnt bad behaviours because of this)
- Always have access freely to inside & outside of the your house (dogs that have previously been indoor dogs, are guaranteed to react negatively to being always kept outside, causing anti-social behaviour)
- Have secure fencing (Westies love exploring & are renown to for not being reliably obedient)
- Always sleep indoors at night time.
- Not have cats. Westies are very prey driven & are therefor most likely to see cats as prey. Most Westies that are raised with cats, live happily together. However those who have not bee raised with cats, are more than likely to hunt (& quite possibly kill) a cat, than live happily together with it. So far, only 2% of the rescued Westies that have come into AWR's care, have previously lived with a cat. We will not risk the welfare of anyones beloved cat/s, to trial if one of our Westies is/or isn't suitable to live with. Therefore we do not rehouse our Westies to households where cats already live.
Once you have completed an application, due to the number of applications we receive, we will not contact you unless we have a rescue that is ready to go and we think is a suitable match. Applications are only valid for three months.
We have so many people applying to adopt from us & sometimes, for some reason or another, they may change their thoughts (or situations), which leaves them no longer interested in adopting from us. This is why for your adoption application to stay on our waiting list, you must re-submit an application every 2-3 months.
Thank you for inquiring about adopting from All Westie Rescue.
When you press send, you are accepting that AWR reserves the right to refuse any application & that no reason will be entered into.
If accepted, you will be placed on AWR's waiting list & will hear from us ONLY when a suitable Westie becomes available for adoption.
Other State Westie Rescues In Australia
Rescue Coordinator: Amanda Cloughley
Mobile: 0428 722 577
Rescue Coordinator: Helen Leeson
Rescue Coordinators: Jane & Neil Collins
Mobile: 0413 946 773